The Municipality of Pano Lefkara is located in the area of Larnaca, southeast of the Troodos mountain range. One could say that Lefkara is located in the heart of Cyprus, just 50 km from Nicosia, 35 km from Larnaca and 55 km from Limassol. There are three possible versions of the origins of the village's name. The first is that the word is complex and means White Mountains, where it comes from the limestone rocks that exist in the area, which create a white and pyrolithic landscape. The second version is that it comes from clusters of small poplars that grew in the region. Finally, it is believed that the name of the village may have come from a settler of the area called Lefkalos. The first written evidence of its existence with the declared name comes from the Formal Testament of Saint Neophytos, who states that he was born in Lefkara in 1134 AD. According to historical testimonies, in the 14th century the leading members of military order of the Templars were exiled in Lefkara. During the Venetian occupation (15th-18th century) it is reported that Lefkara was a tourist resort for the ladies of the Venetians. According to some reports, the scenario is that the ladies taught the Lefkaritiko embroidery to the women of the village. Moreover, it is believed that at this time Leonardo da Vinci visited the village, where he bought a large tablecloth for the Holy Table of the Cathedral of Milan.