The church was built in 1949-1950 by a group of Choirokitians who remained faithful to the old ecclesiastical calendar. It was built by Patroklos Theodorou with the financial support of several of his villagers. It is stone-built, various shapes and sizes of limestone were used to build it. It is single-aisled with an arched tiled roof. The iconostasis is wooden and decorated with large icons. The church is used by Christians who follow the Old Calendar and the Divine Liturgy is celebrated by a priest who is also faithful to the same Ecclesiastical Calendar.