It is the central temple of the community. The imposing temple is built on flat land and dominates the village.
The wood-carved imposing iconostasis dating back to the post-Byzantine period has icons of various eras and various styles. On a special wooden "throne" is the palladium of the temple, a cross containing a piece of the holy cross. The wooden cross bears on one side, a 17th-century silver-gold plating with scenes from the Divine Passion and on the other, a 19th-century silver plating with the Crucified. According to local tradition, the holy wood was transferred from Constantinople, as well as the Feast of the Progress of the Holy Cross, on August 1, which is a pure festival of Constantinople . The church is decorated with frescoes of the 20th century. Platytera was painted in 1959 by the painter Solomon Frangoulidis, the dome and drum by the monk Kallinikos Stavrovouniotis and the rest of the church by the monk Ignatios in the 1980s.