The Old Church must have been built in the place of another older church, since icons which are older than the church are preserved. In the church there is an icon of St. George of the 14th century and an icon of Prodromos of the 16th century.
At the top of the north gate of the church, there is an inscription of the date 1711. The pulpit, the icon stand, and the iconostasis are of the last quarter of the 18th century, under Archbishop Chrysanthos, as the inner inscriptions indicate.
There is also a board on which the Apostles are painted, which must have been found in a previous iconostasis. In the existing iconostasis, the Apostles are each in a separate icon, while in earlier times there used to be a board on which all the Apostles were painted.
The church had a solar with arches in its northern part and another entrance – an antechamber that led to the gynaeconite which was at its northwestern part. These were demolished in the early 1960s. The bell tower located in the northern part of the sanctuary was demolished in around 1964.
The New Church of Our Lady ("Panagia"), is dedicated like the oldest one, to the Nativity of the Virgin Mary – its construction started in 1947. The foundation stone was laid in 1947 (12/12/1947) by Bishops Joachim of Derkoi and Adamantios of Sardis of the Ecumenical Patriarchate, who were here to form a Synod for the election of the Archbishop.
The first liturgy took place on 21 November 1959. The dome took its present form in 1994.
The iconostasis (Italian marble) was placed in 1967 while the hagiography of the entire church was completed in 2012.
Its style is Byzantine while all our other churches are single-aisled basilicas. The stone used is the local stone from “Oros”. Today's doors were placed in 1997 (the previous ones were metal doors). The Divine Liturgy (every Sunday and during the great feasts) as well as marriage celebrations are performed there.